Course Code: 15
About This Course
Surface treatment and coatings are key technologiesfor enhancing many engineering tools or components to meet the desired functional performance, aesthetics, resistance against wear and corrosion as well as high fatigue life, so as to maximise the economic benfits for businesses.
With recent advances in materials and processes, surface treatment and coating technologies are playing an increasingly important role in realising new engineering breakthroughs in almost all the industry sectors, including precision engineering, aerospace, marine and offshore, O&G, medtech, microelectronics, civil and construction, home appliances, food and beverage, water and waste treatment. Furthermore, in line with digitalisation towards Industry 4.0, surface technologies are also
moving towards the implementation of smart processes, with automation, digitalisation, and data analytics to transform operations for maximum productivity, quality and business outcome.
This programme aims to train participants with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to embark on advanced surface engineering technologies, including surface cleaning and modification, surface manufacturing process, surface characterisation
methods, process digitalisation and data analytics concepts, as well as process/product quality control and management.
- Get paid while you upgrade and upskill yourself with a training allowance of $1,200 per month.
- Course fee is heavily subsidised at only $750 (actual > $30K) for the whole period.
- Attain a Graduate Diploma and/or Certificates when you complete the modules.
- Trainees may exit the programme whenever a job opportunity arises, as the SGUS programme is conducted in a modular format.
- Learn and journey with our SIMTech scientists who will provide hands-on training with state-of-the-art equipment & laboratories.
- Work on an industry project with your potential employer even before getting hired.
- Boost your employability for future job opportunities with real-world industrial experiences.
- More than 5,000 PMETs have attended or completed our courses.
- Embark on our Learn-Practise-Implement (LPI) pedagogy when you journey with us.
- Employers are incentivised to hire you as a SGUS trainee.
Technical Skills Modules
- Apply Surface Enhancement and Finishing Technologies *
- Apply Advanced Coating Technologies for Wear & Corrosion Protection *
- Review Coating Failure Prevention and Coating Improvement *
- Implement Fundamentals of Corrosion & Corrosion Prevention *
- Plan and Manage Project from Implementation *
- Data Mining for Correlation Analysis *DM - LITE) *
- Materials Characterization **
Practical Skills Modules
- Lab-based Practise Training **
- Project-based Training for Implementation (M1) **
- Project-based Training for Implementation (M2) **
* Participants will be awarded a WSQ Statement of Attainment certificate for passing each individual module
** Participants will be awarded a SIMTech Certificate of Attendance certificate for passing each individual module
Only Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents aged above 21 years old who are unemployed or retrenched and can commit to the SGUS courses on a full-time basis are eligible to apply for the SGUS programme.
In addition, the target trainees for the SGUS courses will exclude the following:
- Graduated or graduating in Calendar Year (CY) 2019/2020 from ITE, Polytechnics, Universities, and other educational institutions This includes graduates from private universities as well as overseas institutions; and
- Gradudated from the educational institutions mentioned in (a) and completed or completing their National Service (NS) in CY 2019/2020 and are entering the labour force.
Applicants should possess a degree in any discipline or a diploma with a minimum of 3 years of related working experience
Applicants who do not have the required academic qualifications are still welcome to apply, but shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview for special approval.
For Technical Enquiries, please contact:
Dr Qi Guojun, Senior Scientist
For general enquiries, please contact:
Mr Goh Chee Chien
Senior Industry Development Manager
- Get Paid & Upskill while you look for a job. Join the SGUS FOR DATA-DRIVEN SURFACE ENGINEERING WITH PROCESS DIGITALIZATION TODAY!